News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Introduction Thread  (Read 5656 times)

February 24, 2013, 04:09:31 PM
Hey all, I figured I'd start an introduction thread for anyone new to the forums. Feel free to introduce yourself here and tell us a little about yourself. I'll start:

I'm Paul, the designer of Spunk & Moxie and one half of the Chocolate Homunculus team. I started playing video games when I got my first Nintendo at about 5 or 6 years old. Ever since then I fell in love with video games and knew that I wanted to design them. That was about 25 years ago (wow! I'm old  :P)

So for the past 25 years I've been doing everything in my capacity to make my own games, from the pen & crayons sketches of my childhood to the pen & paper dice games I made in highschool right up to the playable freeware games I started making on PC about 7 years ago. Needless to say, I'm very happy that I got the chance to release my first commercial game with Spunk & Moxie :)

Other than games, I enjoy weird (mostly horror) movies, old-school anime, and paranormal stuff like cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts, etc... But I'm by no means a very active hobbyist in those areas, just interested in that kind of stuff. I do enjoy urban exploration when the chance arises, but living in a densely populated city with no car, there aren't a lot of opportunities to explore abandoned places.

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm hoping Spunk & Moxie will be enjoyed by those who've played it and I hope that the game does well enough that we can continue to make games without having to worry about paying our bills!

Anyways, that's enough about me. I hope if you're lurking on our forum you'll take the time to register and say hi!